U-15 Soccer

School Year, 2015-2016

Wicklow/Wexford League Champions

u 15 banner

Our U-15 team produced an impressive team display recently to successfully defend their U-15 Wicklow Wexford League title. A confident defensive performance gave the boys the platform to pull away with two second half strikes from Ciaran Carthy, our back four of Cian Foley, Reece Murphy, Liam Godkin and Robert Molloy Nolan dominated throughout. Goalkeeper Eoin Kinsella was rarely troubled but marshalled his backline impressively. Midfielders Gary Hall Roche, Josh Murphy, Joey Jackson and Adam Feery battled well against early CCM pressure and as the game progressed they began to create numerous chances for forward pairing Ciaran Carthy and Eoin Kavanagh. Ciaran’s first strike was a superb 25 yard bullet that the CCM goalkeeper could only admire as it hit the Wicklow net. For his second, he produced a tidy finish after a long pass forward evaded the Wicklow defence. A last minute deflected clearance gave Wicklow their consolation goal. An impressive campaign for our boys culminated with Captain Cian Foley lifting the Wicklow Wexford U-15 Perpetual Trophy.

Team; Eoin Kinsella, Robert Molloy Nolan, Cian Foley, Reece Murphy, Liam Godkin, Gary Hall Roche, Joey Jackson, Josh Murphy, Adam Feery, Ciaran Carthy, Eoin Kavanagh.


Substitutes; Jack Byrne, Shane O’Neill, Jamie Dawson, Lorcan Brennan, Josh Kavanagh, Lee Donohue, Evan Roche, Darragh Collins, Shane Clancy,

Futsal Leinster Finals

Yesterday our First Year Futsal squad went to the National Basketball Arena to compete in the Leinster Finals. We came up against some very talented opposition, but the highlight was beating De La Salle Dundalk 5-1. It was a great experience and an enjoyable day out .

Futsal 2

Well done to our First Year Indoor Futsal squad who were crowned County Champions yesterday. On the way to victory they beat, St. Peter’s, Creagh College, New Ross CBS, New Ross VS and Enniscorthy VS . All games were won comprehensively and they now go forward to the Leinster Finals in November

Squad: Shane Clancy, Joey Jackson, Darragh Collins, Liam Lahiff, Rhys Murphy, Wiktor Janczy, Cillian Larkin, Francis Dempsey, Jake Giltrap, Adam Connolly, Sean White, Eoin Kavanagh and Jason Gordon.

futsal cropped

January 2015

under 15 champs 2 u15 champions

CBS V Kilcoole

December 2014 –

Wexford CBS v Arklow CBS

October 21st 2014

Full report of Wexford CBS Vs. Bridgetown on this Link: Wexford CBS v Bridgetown VC


Thursday  9th  October 2014

U-15 Soccer

Wexford CBS vs Enniscorthy VC

Wexford CBS started the match brilliantly with a number of chances. Leon Nolan took a shot but it just clipped the post. Kallum Broaders floated a brilliant ball to Todd Hynes and he caught it sweetly on the volley but it went just wide. Scott Keeling had a good chance which was brilliantly blocked by Enniscorthy’s left back. It was all CBS in the early stages. Leon Nolan played a brilliant pass to Justin Butler, Justin produced an excellent finish in the 12th minute. CBS 1-0 VC.

A shot from Enniscorthy’s central midfielder went just over goalkeeper Luke Moloney’s crossbar. Shane Bergin went on a brilliant run, he tried to round the keeper but the ball ran wide. Todd Hynes took the game to Enniscorthy’s defence at every opportunity, his powerful shot was cleared off the line. Justin Butler played a neat pass to Todd and Todd this time made no mistake, finishing the ball to the bottom corner in the 24th minute.

Justin Butler played another great pass to Leon Nolan and he put it under the keeper’s legs but the ball flew wide of the post. Todd went on a magical run but was excellently blocked by Enniscorthy’s back- line. Gary Hall-Roche played a through ball to Todd and he finished it to the net in the 35th minute. Todd played another quick pass to Shane Bergin, but Shane’s shot was off target. 3-0 at HT.

A brilliant first half display by Wexford CBS. Scott Keeling was replaced by Gary Carroll. Gary went to left back with Todd moving to centre forward. Ciaran Carthy crossed a superb ball into Shane Bergin who volleyed it into the net in the 38th minute. Leon played a pass to Shane, another impressive finish from Shane in the 42nd minute made it 5-0.

Tre Long was replaced by Liam Godkin and Shane Bergin was replaced by Jamie Dawson. Enniscorthy scored what seemed a clever goal but their attacker was flagged for off-side. Leon Nolan ran down the wing but his cross sailed over the crossbar. Wexford’s centre-backs, Cian Foley and Kallum Broaders defended excellently and won numerous challenges. Shane O’Neill replaced  Ciaran Carthy and Cian Whelan came on for Leon Nolan. Cian Whelan had a great chance from a corner but headed the ball just wide. Justin Butler had another effort just off target after impressive build up play from Jamie Dawson. Full-Time Wexford CBS 5-0 Enniscorthy VC.

CBS Line-up; Luke Moloney, Tre Long, Cian Foley(Cpt), Kallum Broaders, Ciaran Carthy, Justin Butler, Leon Nolan, Gary Hall-Roche, Todd Hynes, Shane Bergin, Scott Keeling.

Subs.: Gary Carroll, Liam Godkin, Jamie Dawson, Cian Whelan, Shane O’Neill. Also Dylan French, David Harte, Ryan Lynch, Reece Murphy, Josh Kavanagh and Jack Byrne.



Congraulations to the Under 15 Soccer team who defeated Enniscorthy VS 5-0 recently. Goals scored by Todd Hynes 2, Shane Bergin 2 and Justin Butler.

Monday 20-1-14 CARNEW 0-2 CBS

by Tony Wilde


CBS’ under-15 soccer team were victorious in the semi-final against Carnew as a dominant display saw them defeat Carnew by two goals to nil, a scoreline which in truth was flattering to the opposition.

The game itself was played at Bunclody’s ground, the excellent facilities only improved what was a thoroughly enjoyable day for the CBS team and their constantly vocal support from the touchlines. As the sun beamed down on the pitch it was actually Carnew who had the first chance, inside a minute. A powerful shot from the edge of the box was drilled towards goal but safely into the composed Adam Dempsey’s firm grasp. This would prove to become a familar sight throughout the game. After this however, CBS turned on the power and forced Carnew’s defense under some immense pressure. A strong candidate for Man of the Match was Luke O’Neill, who from the 8th minute showed real signs of intent in front of goal. His blistering pace saw him beat two defenders and cut in from the byline only for the goalkeeper to smother it at his feet and concede just a corner. Dion Murphy found himself one on one with Carnew’s keeper soon after, but a fine save prevented CBS from taking the lead. Finally, CBS’ dominance drew a reward as Luke O’Neill ran onto a header forward and managed to poke it past the outrushing keeper.

CBS were far from finished though, and when Luke O’Neill’s effort went agonisingly wide, it would set the tone for almost the next 40 minutes as chance after chance fell to CBS. There was an early substitute as Leon Nolan, who would go on to make a massive impact on the game, came on for Justin Butler whose tireless efforts up and down the line shouldn’t go unmentioned. There were heads in hands as some fine play saw Dion Murphy receive possession right on the edge of the box. Yet despite his calm play throughout the game commanding the midfield, he found himself under pressure and his effort went wide of the near post. Despite all their dominance, the CBS held just a 1-0 lead which any supporter will tell you can change in an instant.

If anything, the second half performance bettered that of the first. Leon Nolan was a constant threat, and fired over very early on. Leon again came close when his volley was tipped wide from Carnew’s keeper. It must be said, Carnew’s keeper had a fine game and as well as keeping the goals tally at a respectful total he gave great guidance to his back four. More great play from CBS eventually saw TJ Cousins’ effort bundled away off the line and Carnew’s keeper once against dealing with the danger. On 56 minutes, everyone could feel the wave of relief as a perfect dink forward by Cathal Kirwan found Luke O’Neill whose clinical finish went in off the post. This set off wild celebrations on the touchline and the message was clear – we’re almost there!

Even a two goal cushion didn’t calm CBS down as they continued to press. Leon Nolan’s inswinging corner rattled the crossbar. Dylan O’Regan went off soon afterwards and Jamie Thomas came on as CBS continued their attacking intent late on into the game. A controversial free-kick was given to Carnew around 25 yards out. And though the curling shot bent perfectly around the wall, Adam Dempsey again produced a calm and composed save to catch the ball and start another spell of CBS play. Dion Murphy’s fine display in the centre of midfield alongside Sam O’Neill deserved to be capped with a goal. Then when Jamie Thomas and Luke O’Neill combined brilliantly, it looked as if he would head home from the chipped ball in. But again it went just wide of the far post. Luke O’Neill missed out on a deserved hat-trick when he was flagged offside after holding off several defenders’ pressure and volleying in. Ryan Busher made a late introduction for Luke O’Neill before CBS came within inches of another goal. TJ Cousins raced onto a through ball and his rolling shot brushed the far post. A precise curling ball in from Jamie Thomas saw Leon Nolan swing a shot powerfully towards goal but Carnew’s keeper denied CBS yet again with a fine catch.

So CBS deservedly see their way into the final, and based on this dominant display they will be formidable foes. There was certainly a fantastic mood afterward, with jubilant scenes of celebration in the dressing room and all the way back on the bus trip home as the team made sure that the day would be one to remember. Yet despite the joyous celebrations the squad is fully aware that there is still one crucial game to come. But I have full confidence that based on this performance, this team can not only compete but also dominate in games. This was a performance that brought lots of confidence and anticipation for the final.



Adam Dempsey, Cian Foley, Cathal Kirwan, Paddy O’Reilly, Ben Butler, Dylan O’Regan, Sam O’Neill, Dion Murphy, Luke O’Neill, TJ Cousins, Justin Butler.


Ben Creane, Leon Nolan, Jamie Thomas, Ryan Busher, Shane Hall.



Luke Dowdall, Liam Godkin, James Crean, Dylan Breen.

Eoghan Reck (Who unfortunately couldn’t make the trip with the team).

U-15 Soccer Enniscorthy CBS VS Wexford CBS, Tuesday 19-11-13

Report by Tony Wilde

Wexford CBS produced a display of electric attacking intent to overcome Enniscorthy CBS 2-1, with the home side proving to be a very frustrating opposition. Wexford showed a marvellous combination of style and speed to beat Enniscorthy, whose game-plan was far more physical.

It was a cagey opening with the tension obvious around the ground. While Wexford created many openings, there was little between the sides for the first ten minutes. Enniscorthy began the game with a few bad fouls, which arguably should have seen a yellow card or two handed out by the referee. But Wexford continued to play excellent stuff and after 15 minutes the best move of the game so far led to the ball being stroked into Enniscorthy’s net, only for Luke O’Neill’s finish to be ruled out for offside. Enniscorthy at this point had gotten a foothold in the game and to their credit had the Wexford defence of Cian Foley, Cathal Kirwan, Paddy O’Reilly and Ben Butler under real pressure. But the four lads defended brilliantly throughout the match. Some superb counter-attacks had gone without reward but when Dion Murphy picked up possession about 20 yards out, his dipping effort went agonisingly close to nestling into the bottom corner. Then the only mistake that the Wexford defence made all day was punished on 25 minutes. A short corner was not picked up and the inswinging ball was met brilliantly giving Adam Dempsey little chance.

It seemed however, that this goal was simply a catalyst for Wexford as they came straight back into the game, never abandoning their match-plan which though was entertaining had yet to produce a goal. Just 3 minutes on, and after more Enniscorthy pressure had been dealt with, some sublime counter-attacking football saw a beautifully lofted ball fall to the feet of Luke Dowdall, who tidely dispatched the chance. Wexford grew more and more dominant after that and Luke Dowdall saw another great low effort just about smothered up by the goalkeeper. Moments after that chance Wexford took a deserved lead. A perfectly-timed through ball found its way to TJ Cousins, who slid the ball past the keeper to continue his very impressive goal scoring ratio along with Luke Dowdall’s, both players adding to their totals. The first substitute had to be made on the verge of half-time but the stoppage in play was for a new ball. The previous one had been burst in thorns nearby!

The second half began.  With only 3 minutes gone, Luke O’Neill’s blistering run saw him cut inside on the edge of the Enniscorthy box. His shot had the keeper beaten but it rattled the far post and went out. A very lucky escape for Enniscorthy and it wouldn’t be their last. A series of efforts from Wexford, including long range attempts from both Luke Dowdall and Dion Murphy was followed by TJ Cousin’s 60th minute effort being scrambled onto the crossbar by Enniscorthy’s goalkeeper. Enniscorthy’s keeper withstood increasing pressure in the second half. This minute was the best example of the entire game. After that near miss, Enniscorthy drove forward. A close range effort was somehow kept out by Adam Dempsey’s athletic dive, using his leg to block it before the ball was finally cleared. Enniscorthy very nearly capitalised on another rare opportunity. Minutes later the pressure was back on Enniscorthy, their goalkeeper had to come out almost 25 yards to try and gain possession, leaving an open net. In desperate scramble Enniscorthy eventually cleared.

Justin Butler was Wexford’s first substitute of the game when he replaced Dylan O’Regan. His lightning runs soon changed the emphasis of the game as Wexford continued to press. Dion Murphy saw another powerful effort go over before Wexford won a corner. Much to his teammates delight, Justin Butler out jumped the lofty Enniscorthy defence only to see his bullet header come smacking back off the post before somehow bouncing away from the goal. Wexford were in search of a third goal that would’ve sealed it. Pace was the obvious utility in the later stages. Jamie Thomas was brought on for Luke Dowdall after 74 minutes. Leon Nolan came on with a few minutes left for Luke O’Neill. Leon was disappointed not to score, when a late Wexford corner was bobbled around the six-yard box and eventually fell to him but his header was well caught by the goalkeeper. This proved to be the last touch of the game as the referee’s whistle was greeted by cheers of joy from the triumphant Wexford CBS squad. The atmosphere was fantastic inside the dressing room after the game, with a fair sense of relief but also deserved ecstasy.

In terms of choosing a Man of the Match, it was a very difficult decision. A superb team performance was what got Wexford over the finish line, in what proved to be a difficult match and a hard side to break down. While the defence and attackers got recognition for their efforts, had it not been for the central midfield of Dylan O’Regan and Sam O’Neill, few of the chances created would have seen their way to goal. Another key factor was the constant support and guidance from the touchline, so rather than put my neck on the line, I’ll let the lads decide who their Man of the Match was.

Wexford CBS Starting X1: Adam Dempsey, Cian Foley, Cathal Kirwan, Paddy O’ Reilly, Ben Butler, Dion Murphy, Dylan O’ Regan, Sam O’ Neill, Luke O’ Neill, TJ Cousins, Luke Dowdall.

Subs: Leon Nolan, Eoghan Reck, Ben Creane, Justin Butler, Jamie Thomas, Dylan Breen, Shane Hall, Liam Godkin, Ryan Busher.

Friday 15th November 2013

U-15 Soccer; Wexford CBS 2-0 Bridgetown VC

A great overall performance from the CBS who were well deserving of their 2-0 win, well done everyone1

The game kicked off, both teams started very well. After six minutes Dion Murphy had a good shot well stopped by the Bridgetown keeper. Both teams continued to push forward with chances at both ends of the pitch. Twenty five minutes in and TJ Cousins failed to capitalize on a golden opportunity to score. With chances being missed by both teams, the half-time score was 0-0.

One minute into the second half Luke O’Neill chased a ball forward; a mistake from the keeper led to a tap in for Luke, CBS 1-0 Bridgetown. Two minutes later Luke Dowdall ran down the right wing and crossed for Dion Murphy, Dion headed the ball onto the post with the rebound bouncing wide.

A CBS free-kick minutes later led to Luke O’Neill volleying a shot towards goal which the Bridgetown keeper saved well. Eight minutes into the second half, TJ had a shot from 20 yards go narrowly over the crossbar, soon after CBS made their first substitution Eoghan Reck replacing Dylan O’Regan. With twenty five minutes gone in the second half Luke Dowdall had another good opportunity to double the CBS lead, his effort was well saved once again. Only three minutes later Luke sprinted down the wing, his cross found TJ Cousins who headed it home, CBS 2-0 Bridgetown.

It was a great team performance from the CBS, with everyone playing their part.

CBS Starting Lineup: Adam Dempsey, Cian Foley, Ben Butler, Paddy O’Reilly, Cathal Kirwan, Dylan O’Regan, Sam O’Neill, Dion Murphy, Luke O’Neill, Luke Dowdall, TJ Cousins.

Subs: Leon Nolan, Justin Butler, Eoghan Reck, Jordan Hayes, Liam Godkin,

Other squad members: Ben Creane and Dylan Breen.





On a blustery Thursday (7th November 2013) morning, the CBS showed tremendous determination against a finely tuned Gorey side to twice come from behind quickly and earn a hard-fought but deserved 3-3 draw.

The home side began brightly, with TJ Cousins early effort going just wide. A good defensive header from Ben Butler broke down Gorey’s first attack soon after, just before a spell of CBS dominance. And after 20 minutes it was rewarded with a goal. A forward pass was chased by TJ Cousins who had a lot of work to do. Yet he managed to just reach the ball ahead of Gorey’s goalkeeper having outpaced two defenders and chipped it in.

Gorey came back brilliantly though. And within 2 minutes, had the defence under real pressure. Adam Dempsey’s clearance was intercepted, giving Gorey a tap-in to equalise, a mistake he’d soon make amends for. But that was how a close first half finished. Cian Foley replaced Liam Godkin in the only tactical switch during the interval. Obviously Gorey’s half-time team talk worked as they came flying out the traps. A stunning volley was tipped onto the crossbar by Adam Dempsey. But despite Gorey’s excellent start, the CBS back four of Cian Foley, Paddy O’Reilly, Ben Butler and Cathal Kirwan showed great composure and communication. Then Gorey did manage to score. A deflection was cruel to the defence as it fell kindly for the Gorey player who controlled a sublime curling effort into the back of the net, in the 50th minute.

But CBS were far from willing to lie down, and an instant break from Luke Dowdall down the wing saw TJ Cousins in possession, who curled his shot into the bottom corner leaving the Gorey keeper rooted to the spot on 52 minutes. Jubilant reactions on the touchline soon followed!

The home side were left cursing their luck though for two reasons. The wind just like the game itself, was intensifying and unfortunately CBS were playing against the strong winds. A controversial refereeing decision saw Gorey reclaim their lead after 55 minutes. Good play from the visitors saw them pressed tight to the by-line, when the ball appeared to go out. The defence’s appeals fell upon deaf ears as the ball was coolly dispatched.

But again the home side came roaring back. More superb play down the left wing saw a great delivery from Eoghan Reck. The ball was tapped in by Luke Dowdall on 63 minutes. Adam Dempsey was very much responsible for keeping the scores level, blocking a fine one-on-one effort with his legs. Eoghan Reck was then taken off for Leon Nolan, in CBS’ second substitution of the game.

There was still plenty of action left. A fine save from Gorey’s keeper saw TJ Cousins effort roll just wide. Gorey nearly won it, when a fierce volley dipped towards the goal but bounced off the crossbar. Ben Creane was CBS’ last substitution of the day late on replacing Justin Butler who along with Sam O’Neill, ran rings around Gorey’s stern defence. Great play from Dylan O’Regan, who’d defended brilliantly in midfield all day, almost saw one last attack but Gorey’s defence held together once more.

A thoroughly entertaining match between two sides well equipped and rearing to go for the remaining fixtures. The 3-3 score line was a true reflection of the tireless end-to-end play from both teams, who were quite pleased with the hard-earned point.

Full Time CBS 3-3 Gorey

CBS Starting X1: 1. Adam Dempsey, 2. Liam Godkin, 3. Cathal Kirwan, 4. Paddy O’Reilly, 5.Ben Butler, 6. Dylan O’Regan, 7. Eoghan Reck, 8. Sam O’Neill, 9. Justin Butler, 10. TJ Cousins, 11. Luke Dowdall.

Substitutes: 12. Leon Nolan, 13. Ryan Busher, 14. Ben Creane, 15. Cian Foley, 16. Shane Hall.

A mention for the rest of the squad: Dylan Breen, Kallum Broaders, James Crean, Jordan Hayes, Jamie Thomas, Dion Murphy, Luke O’Neill.


Monday 28th Jan 2013

Wexford CBS U-15 travelled to Arklow Town’s all weather pitch to play Kilmuckridge VC in the quarter final of the Wicklow Wexford School League. Strong winds and heavy rain made conditions very challenging. CBS played with a strong gale at their backs in the first half.

The wild conditions made the game very scrappy with neither team threatening early on. CBS had two good chances late in the first half but Kilmuckridge defended both well. CBS sub: Ryan Busher for Cormac Byrne. Rain got heavier and the game deteriorated. Passes were misplaced and ball control was problematic on the greasy surface. Half-Time 0-0


Second Half

A mix-up in the CBS defence led to a speculative effort from Kilmuckridge’s midfielder. CBS goalkeeper Conor Coleman let the ball slip from his grasp and into the net, Kilmuckridge 1-0 Wexford. Wexford’s urgency was now evident, they attacked at will. Dylan Ennis missed a good opportunity. Minutes later Dylan was put through again and this time made no mistake. 1-1.

Wexford’s back four of Alex Lohier, Ryan Byrne, Kevin Harte and Mark Doyle were well on top now. Liam Rockett broke down the left and crossed for Matthew Creane to head home, 2-1 Wexford. Kilmuckridge’s spirit was now broken. Wexford Sub: Cathal Kirwan for Ryan Busher.

Wexford broke forward again, Matthew crossed for Eoin Doyle to slot home Wexford’s third. CBS sub: Micheal Lalor for Dylan Ennis. Kilmuckridge pushed forward looking for a way back into the game.

Conor Coleman made two good saves in quick succession and Wexford defended bravely. CBS once again broke forward, Micheal Lalor supplying the pass for Eoin Doyle to score his second. 4-1.

In the remaining few minutes the scrappy play returned as conditions seemed to worsen.

Full-Time: Wexford CBS 4-1 Kilmuckridge VC.

Wexford CBS: Conor Coleman, Alex Lohier, Ryan Byrne, Kevin Harte, Mark Doyle, Liam Rockett, Lee Busher, Cormac Byrne, Eoin Doyle, Matthew Creane, Dylan Ennis.

Subs: Micheal Lalor, Cathal Kirwan, TJ Cousins, Ryan Busher, Adam Dempsey, Aaron Carley, Michael Kaluzny.

New U-15 Soccer Kit

Wexford CBS would like to thank The EPA and Fleetline Coaches for providing sponsorship for our new soccer kit.

Click on this link to see photo of our new kit.

Link: u-15 soccer kit

Modelled by L-R: Dylan Ennis, Conor Coleman, Ryan Byrne.

Tuesday 4th December

U-15 Soccer

Bridgetown VC  v Wexford CBS

A cold morning in Bridgetown greeted both teams. Bridgetown started the brighter of the two teams. Wexford’s back-line of Dylan O’Regan, Kevin Harte, Ryan Byrne and Lee Busher withstood the early pressure. Eventually the CBS began to gain the upper hand, their midfield of Cormac Byrne, Dylan Ennis, Matthew Creane and Mark Doyle produced numerous neat moves. Micheal Lalor had two good chances but found the side netting with both efforts. Good work from Dylan Ennis and Liam Rockett had Wexford on the attack. After an inviting cross from the right wing, Matthew Creane slide the ball to the net. Wexford CBS 1-0 Bridgetown VC

Half-Time: 1-0, Wexford Sub: Michael Kaluzny for Micheal Lalor

Wexford started the second half strong, some positional switches helped Wexford gain more of a foothold in the game, their dominance continued. However a break away from Bridgetown after a dubious offside wasn’t called led to the game leveller, Conor Coleman had no chance in the CBS goal.

CBS 1-1 Bridgetown, this only made Wexford more determined. Dominating the game now, Lee Busher produced an excellent finish to give Wexford the lead, 2-1.

Further goals from Matthew Creane, Cormac Byrne, Matthew again, Liam Rockett and Michael Kaluzny made the score an impressive, Wexford CBS 7-1 Bridgetown VC.

Wexford Sub: Cathal Kirwan for Kevin Harte

Wexford played out the remaining minutes in dominant mood.

Full-Time  Wexford CBS 7-1 Bridgetown VC

CBS: Conor Coleman, Lee Busher, Kevin Harte, Ryan Byrne, Dylan O’Regan, Matthew Creane, Dylan Ennis, Cormac Byrne, Mark Doyle, Liam Rockett, Micheal Lalor.

Subs: Michael Kaluzny, Cathal Kirwan, Adam Dempsey, Aaron Carley, TJ Cousins, Lee Whelan.

Wexford Futsal Champions 2012

Justin Butler TJ Cousins Ben Creane Adam Dempsey Peter Doyle Aaron Kinsella Cathal Kirwan, Leon Nolan Cullen Luke O’Neill Sam O’Neill David Tennant Matthew Currid.

Friday19th October 2012

U-15 Soccer

Result: Wexford CBS 8-2 Wexford VC


Wexford CBS produced a dominant display to dispose of Wexford VC in their first game of the Wexford-Wicklow School league.The CBS got an early lead through Ryan Busher’slong ball forward which the VC goalkeeper let squirm past him to the net. 5 minutes later and Wexford VC equalised. A weak punch by goalkeeper Conor Coleman fell to a VC attacker and he thumped it to the back of the net. Wexford CBS began to dominate. Michal Kaluzny broke forward at will down the flank. A neat through ball found Michael Lalorand he easily made it 2-1. Matthew Creane broke forward and produced a superb finish to the roof of the net. MichealLalorwas played in again, another good finish made it 4-1 to the CBS. CBS’s backline of Dylan O’ Regan, Lee Busher, Alex Lohier and Ryan Busher was by now well on top.


Half-time Wexford CBS 4-1 Wexford VC.


The second half began with CBS pushing forward, Dylan Ennis leading numerous attacks from the middle tried a shot from long range, goal! 5-1. CBS sub: Jack Houghton for Mark Doyle.


Michael Lalor got his hat-trick with another neat finish. 6-1.A free-kick awarded to CBS was cleverly dispatched to the net by Dylan O’ Regan. 7-1.


CBS were rampant, Cormac Byrne playing a holding midfield roll kept the CBS strong at midfield.


CBS Subs: Cathal Kirwan for Ryan Busher, TJ Cousins for Matthew Creane.


Dylan Ennis played a nice pass to Jack Houghton but Jacks efforts were thwarted by a VC defender. Dylan O’ Regan offering encouragement at every opportunity linked up well with Jack Houghton again, unfortunately a suspect offside decision stopped Jack in his tracks.Another Dylan Ennis shot had VC’s keeper scrambling but the crossbar came to his aid. TJ Cousins had an effort just flash wide.Wexford CBS subs: Adam Dempsey for Conor Coleman, Enda Doyle for MichaelLalor.


A rare VC break and they produced a goal. Adam Dempsey was unlucky not to prevent the attacker curling the ball to the net. CBS attacked without reward in the last 10mins.


Full-Time Wexford CBS 8-2 Wexford VC.


Wexford CBS produced a good performance. Stronger opposition lie in wait, but with the effort shown today CBS will be there or thereabouts come trophy time.




Wexford CBS: Conor Coleman, Alex Lohier, Mark Doyle, Dylan O’ Regan, Ryan Busher, Dylan Ennis, Cormac Byrne, Michal Kaluzny, Michael Lalor, Matthew Creane.


Subs: Jack Houghton, Cathal Kirwan, TJ Cousins, Enda Doyle, Adam Dempsey, Lee Whelan.


Friday 24th February 2012

It was semi-final day of the Wicklow/Wexford School League. Wexford CBS travelled to Arklow to play Kilcoole.

Wexford CBS starting line up:

GK Shane McGrath, RB Alex Lohier, CB Emmet Sinnott, CB Eoin Doyle, LB Aaron Goodison.

RM Dylan Dixon, CM Alex Bergin, CM Eoin McDonald, LM Brendan Furlong

ST Darragh Rossiter, ST Luke Redmond-Browne.


Early possession favoured Kilcoole. They attacked up the right wing; an excellently flighted back post cross found their forward. He nodded the ball past Shane McGrath for an early lead. Play became scrappy; Eoin McDonald and Alex Bergin started to get involved in the middle for Wexford. Kilcoole again broke down the wing. Some bad Wexford defending gifted Kilcoole another headed goal despite the best efforts of goalkeeper McGrath. Kilcoole 2-0 Wexford, only 10 minutes gone.

Wexford looking determined now, attacked with intent. Dylan Dixon won the ball at midfield and passed to Darragh Rossiter, his shot was gathered well by Kilcoole’s goalkeeper. Wexford began to take the game to Kilcoole. Attack after attack was repelled, corner after corner as Kilcoole’s goal led a charmed life. Wexford were showing their class and quality with some very impressive passing and movement, Kilcoole had no answer.

Luke Redmond-Browne had a good chance but his shot was saved well. Emmet Sinnott, Eoin Doyle and Aaron Goodison were rarely troubled as Wexford were totally dominant. Another great pass from Alex Bergin sent Darragh Rossiter on the attack. Darragh passed to Dylan Dixon, Dylan fired the ball to the net 1-2, and the comeback was on! Darragh Rossiter is in again but the goalkeeper smoothers the chance. Eoin McDonald created another chance, his shot went just wide. Alex Bergin had a back post header saved. Dylan Dixon shoots; once again good Kilcoole goal keeping frustrates Wexford.

Brendan Furlong played the ball down the wing; Darragh’s shot was blocked sending the ball for a corner kick to Wexford. Eoin Doyle sung the ball across; Alex Bergin powered a header to Kilcoole’s net. 2-2 come on Wexford! Darragh Rossiter has yet another chance, unfortunately he over ran the ball and the keeper gathers the ball.


Kilcoole 2-2 Wexford CBS.

Second Half


No changes for Wexford.


Wexford pushed forward. Eoin McDonald’s dominating performance in the middle set up numerous attacks. Wexford played some neat football but couldn’t put the ball to the net. Dylan Dixon had a good chance; another Kilcoole block leads to a corner kick for Wexford. Darragh Rossiter shoots just wide, Eoin McDonald breaks forward from an Emmet Sinnott pass but his shot is well saved.

Kilcoole’s attacks were rare. Wexford dominated but needed to score. Kilcoole broke down the left side, their forward turned in-field. A coming together of the attacker, Emmet Sinnott and Alex Lohier led to a dubious penalty awarded to Kilcoole. Kilcoole dispatched the spot kick to the net. Kilcoole 3-2 Wexford.

Wexford Sub:

Emmett Ryan for Luke Redmond Browne.

Wexford piled forward. Another rare Kilcoole corner produced a scramble and the ball ended up in Wexfords net, 4-2 to Kilcoole.

Wexford Sub:

Gary Cullen for Brendan Furlong.

It’s all out attack for Wexford. Yet another chance but Dylan Dixon’s shot is off target.

Wexford Sub:

Joe Redmond for Alex Lohier.

With only three at the back Wexford push forward at every opportunity. Gary Cullen breaks up the right his cut-back almost reaches Eoin Doyle but for a lucky Kilcoole interception. A solid Aaron Goodison sets Wexford on the attack. Darragh Rossiter almost gets an opportunity but for more good defending.

Wexford’s efforts go unrewarded as the referee blows the full-time whistle.


Wexford CBS 2-4 Kilcoole

Lady luck was not on Wexfords side. On another day Wexford should have been celebrating a dominate performance with an emphatic win, but not today. Two early goals made it difficult but credit to the boys they battled back well and all that was missing was a second half goal. Wexford should be very proud of their performance, maybe next season lady luck will be on their side.

Mr. Breen and Mr. Ryan would like to thank the boys for their spirit and effort throughout the campaign.

Squad: Shane McGrath, Alex Lohier, Emmet Sinnott, Eoin Doyle, Aaron Goodison, Brendan Furlong, Alex Bergin, Eoin McDonald, Dylan Dixon, Luke Redmond-Browne, Darragh Rossiter, Emmett Ryan, Gary Cullen, Joe Redmond, Robert Donnelly, Daniel Lynch, Dylan Bolger, Damian Klukcz, Mikey Lawlor, Dylan Ennis, Jesse Farrell, Tony Crosbie.

Played  Won      Drew     Lost        For         Against

4             2             1              1           15             6

Tuesday 24th January 2012

The U-15 Soccer Team played Enniscorthy VC in the ¼ final of the Wicklow/Wexford School League on Tuesday. A tough game was expected from the offing.

Enniscorthy won the coin-toss. Early possession favoured Enniscorthy, they passed well and peppered Wexford CBS’s goal with numerous half chances. Wexford’s back line of Aaron Goodison, Emmet Sinnott, Eoin Doyle and Alex Lohier repelled a rampant Enniscorthy early on. Another good save from goalkeeper Shane McGrath kept the score line 0-0.

Wexford slowly began to establish themselves in the game with Darragh Rossiter breaking up play. He set up Dylan Ennis down the left wing but it came to nothing. Another tackle by Luke Redmond-Browne gave the ball to Emmett Ryan but once again the attack was smothered by Enniscorthy’s defence.

Enniscorthy were still enjoying the lions share of possession when Wexford broke up the left wing, a good pass forward from Aaron Goodison found Dylan Ennis, who was fouled attempting some neat trickery, free-kick. Eoin McDonald stepped up and fired the ball into the box, hesitation from both goalkeeper and the defence let the ball fly into the net. 1-0 to Wexford.

Enniscorthy again enjoyed more possession and played Wexford off the park for the majority of the first half. Their dominance finally paid off as a corner from the left produced a towering header to the back of the net. Wexford 1-1 Enniscorthy.

Emmet Sinnott broke up another Enniscorthy attack. Darragh Rossiter and Dylan Ennis both tested Enniscorthy’s goalkeeper late in the half. Mikey Lawlor’s efforts up front were still leaving him empty handed. Half-time, Wexford CBS 1-1 Enniscorhty VC

Wexford sub: Brendan Furlong for Emmett Ryan (injured)


Positional changes helped Wexford at last impose themselves on the game. A new midfield of Luke Redmond-Browne, Eoin McDonald, Mikey Lawlor and Brendan Furlong began to dominate. Eoin Doyle cleared an Enniscorthy attack; the Wexford lads passed and moved the ball with ease now, setting up another Darragh Rossiter chance.

Shane McGrath found Brendan Furlong in space with a clever goal-kick. Brendan and Mikey Lawlor set up Darragh again. After a goalkeeping blunder Daragh eventually passed the ball to the net. 2-1 to Wexford. Wexford sub: Dylan Dixon for Luke Redmond-Browne

Wexford were now rampant, helped by Eoin McDonald winning numerous tackles and Aaron Goodison’s impressive display at left back. A free-kick just inside Enniscorthy’s half set up Eoin McDonald again. Eoin let fly an unstoppable shoot from all of 30 yards. Enniscorthy’s keeper could only watch the ball hit the back of the net. 3-1 to Wexford

Wexford sub: Joe Redmond for Dylan Ennis

Enniscorthy needing goals pushed forward but Wexford’s back-line stood firm.

Wexford sub: Robert Donnelly for Alex Lohier

Wexford sprung another attack, Dylan Dixon broke up the left wind but it came to nothing. Brendan Furlong shot wide of the mark after creating an opening. With Enniscorthy now throwing caution to the wind looking for goals, Wexford broke away and a neat finish from Darragh Rossiter made it 4-1 to the CBS.

Wexford sub: Tony Crosbie for Mikey Lawlor

With time running out, Joe Redmond broke forward; his low cross from the right was easily cleared. Tony Crosbie had another decent chance but found his shot blocked by the Enniscorthy rear guard.

Final Whistle

Wexford CBS 4-1 Enniscorthy VC

Scorers: Darragh Rossiter x2, Eoin McDonald x2.

Good performance by both teams, however Wexford CBS will probably need to improve to advance to the final on this showing. Well done lads!


GK Shane McGrath, Aaron Goodison, Eoin Doyle, Emmet Sinnott(Capt), Alex Lohier, Emmett Ryan, Luke Redmond-Browne, Daragh Rossiter, Dylan Ennis, Mikey Lawlor, Eoin McDonald.


Brendan Furlong, Dylan Dixon, Joe Redmond, Robert Donnelly, Tony Crosbie, Dylan Bolger, Daniel Lynch.


Friday 11thst November 2011

Our U-15 Soccer Team head to Wexford Celtic to play Enniscorthy CBS in our second group game. After torrential rain the under-foot conditions will be very tricky.


Wexford CBS start well, passing is difficult however, as puddles of rainwater restrict any attempted good play. It’s a long ball game. Eoin Doyle and Emmet Sinnott keep it tight at the back. Luke Redmond-Browne starts to spray ball to the wings. At times the waterlogged surface makes for comical tackling, splashing water and mud everywhere. Alex Bergin breaks up an Enniscorthy attack as they push forward looking for the opening goal. Darragh Rossiter and Dylan Ennis try some neat passing but the ball gets stuck in surface water. Luke plays a long ball behind Enniscorthy’s back-four, Mikey Lawlor is on to it like a flash. The goalkeeper comes out narrowing the angle; Mikey calmly fires the ball to the back of the net.

Wexford CBS 1-0 Enniscorthy CBS

The game almost deteriorates to a water splashing contest, passing continues to be difficult as numerous passes get stuck in midfield puddles. Enniscorthy start to put pressure on Wexford’s goal. A great shot from distance has Wexford goalkeeper Shane McGrath back peddling, he makes a great save and gathers the ball in front of the on-rushing attacker.


Wexford CBS sub: Joe Redmond for Dylan Ennis


Eoin McDonald is playing very well, tackles fly in, another splash! Enniscorthy now playing with a strong breeze, pump the ball forward. Wexford CBS continue to repel the threat.

Wexford sub: Dylan Dixon for Emmett Ryan.

Pressure is mounting on Wexford’s backline. A corner to Enniscorthy, great defending by Wexford sends the ball for another corner. The ball is swung across and a towering header sends the ball past Wexford’s keeper. 1-1

Aaron Goodison clears the ball, Wexford are now pushing forward in search of the winning goal. Neat play sets up a Wexford corner. The ball is swung across; a scramble in the box has an unlucky Emmet Sinnott berating the terrible under foot conditions after an attempted strike.

Wexford sub: Alex Lohier for Darragh Rossiter

Wexford continue to push forward. Enniscorthy defend well and repel attack after attack.

Wexford fire the ball up the wing, Dylan Dixon squares it to middle, Eoin Doyle shoots, the goal keeper dives but he hasn’t a chance. Its going in, No its not! The ball stops dead in a puddle just before the goal line, the keeper finds his footing and smothers ball.

Wexford sub: Brendan Furlong for Mikey Lawlor

Both teams continue to trudge through the muddy field. One last corner for Wexford, but it is defended well by Enniscorthy.


Wexford CBS 1-1 Enniscorthy CBS

A fair result, great credit to both teams standard of play on a truly water soaked playing field.


Wexford CBS Team:

GK Shane McGrath, Aaron Goodison, Emmet Sinnott(Capt.), Eoin Doyle, Alex Bergin, Emmett Ryan, Darragh Rossiter, Luke Redmond-Browne, Dylan Ennis, Eoin McDonald, Mikey Lawlor.


Joe Redmond, Dylan Dixon, Alex Lohier, Brendan Furlong, Lee Dryburg, Tony Crosbie, Daniel Lynch, Kevin Birney. Also Jesse Farrell.

Friday 21st October 2011

Our U-15 Soccer Team travelled to Mayglass to take on Bridgetown VC in their first league game last Friday.

On what was a very blustery day, the CBS kicked-off playing against a strong wind. As the game began to settle down, CBS began to spread the ball around the pitch and Bridgetown had no answer.

CBS took the lead through an Emmett Ryan flick header. CBS continued to dominate. Emmett made it 2-0 just ten minutes later.

At Half-Time

Wexford CBS 2-0 Bridgetown VC


The CBS boys continued to dominate in the second half. It wasn’t long before the goals started to flow.

Scorers in second half were:


Luke Redmond-Browne

Eoin Doyle x2(1 penalty)

Emmett Ryan (Hat-trick)

Emmet Sinnott

Dylan Ennis


Full-Time Result

Wexford CBS 8-0 Bridgetown VC

Well done to the Boys!

Wexford CBS Team:

GK Shane McGrath, Aaron Goodison(Capt.) Emmet Sinnott, Eoin Doyle, Alex Lohier, Emmett Ryan, Darragh Rossiter, Luke Redmond-Browne, Dylan Ennis, Eoin McDonald, Mikey Lawlor.


Lee Dryburg, Tony Crosbie, Robert Donnelly, Dylan Bolger, Matty Morris.

Most recent posts

Positive Affirmation Committee. 24th January 2018

Posted 24th January 2019 | 12:12PM

Dylan Fortune Taofik Katum Sam Kelly Rian Sammon Finn Baneham Darragh Corish Cian Roche Alex French Evan Byrne Alex Mythen Killian Whelan

No Comments

Positive Affirmation Committee. January 10th 2019.

Posted 10th January 2019 | 11:50AM

10th January 2019 WORK ETHIC & EXTRA CURRICULAR GOOD DEEDS Dean Denton Frankie McGuiness Cian Doyle Paul Eaves

No Comments